Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SCORE


Breana (Walt's little girl) has been going to church with me regularly for the past nine months. She loves her primary class and her teachers are awesome. However, she has been petrified when asked to give a talk or scripture. We have tried a scripture--she had her arms wrapped around my neck so hard and her head buried in my shoulder, I could hardly breathe. We tried a talk--she could still couldn't get any words out. On Sunday they asked her to give a talk (the others she volunteered for). We practiced the talk at home and on Sunday we found the primary room empty and practiced standing at the podium and using the mike and she said she was going to be brave. Well, she was brave and did an awesome job with her talk. Way to go, Breana! I am so proud of you!

6 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Way to go Breana! I am so proud of you! Did you know that I am afraid of giving talks too? You are so much braver than I am! Love you!

Kendi said...

Oh, I think that is so wonderful! Goosebumps from head to toe! Way to go Breana and way to go Aunt Nancy. You are an awesome grandma!!!
Love,
Kendi

Malita Bingham said...

Great job! I don't mind giving the talks, it is the preparing that I don't like!
Love,
Malita

Kaye said...

talking about being scared of giving talks reminds me of a sister in our ward that was afraid of speaking, was speaking, and the next thing Marlow knew she had keeled over. Made for a pretty exciting sacrament meeting.

Janice said...

Cute picture, Breana. The first talk can be so scary -- next time it will be better. Way to go!

Keddington Chronicles said...

I am so happy you have this cute blog. I really miss your whole family! How is Connie? Now comment on my blog and let me know who kids belong to (cute cute kids). I know Breana, and that's all! Hope all is well for you. Take care. Good to hear from you!!! :)
-Angela-