Thursday, October 16, 2008

Andrew"isms"

One day when I was watching Alison's kids, they went outside to play. The day was on the chilly side and they stayed outside long enough to get cold. When they came in, I was trying to warm up Andrew. I wrapped him up in a blanket and held him tight. He didn't want to be so confined so he wriggled free of the blanket. I decided to show him how to get his hands warm using his armpits. First we lifted one arm and tucked a fist in the "pit". Then we lifted the other arm and tucked another fist in the "pit". Andrew immediately bowed his head and said, "Heavenly Father....".


I was driving home the other day with Andrew and Mason. First we were stopped for at least 20 minutes by a train that couldn't make up its mind whether to go forward or backward, but we enjoyed watching the process. Further on down the road was construction and we were stopped by a cement mixer in action. Again the boys enjoyed watching the show. As I was heading up 80th I came to a detour. I said, "Shoot, I have to go on a detour!" Andrew immediately piped up, "I want to go, too!" I really don't know where Alison got him!!!

4 comments:

Kendi said...

I love it! They are so lucky to have a grandma like you..REALLY they are! I love quick wits and tenderness seen in children. Don't they just grow too quickly?! I love you.

Darcee said...

Write everything down and then write a book. From the sounds of it, you could write a lovely volume by the time he is 5!

Katie and Dennis said...

I know where he got it! I can totally see you teaching him how to use his pits. (Kind of like you were proud to be the aunt to teach me to pick my nose!) And I can hear your laugh as he prayed. It is just so cute! Even though I can imagine it very well, I would love to have been there.

Keddington Chronicles said...

Those are such cute things he said!!! We should all enjoy our "detours" so much!!! :)
-Angela-