Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grandma Bingham















I had a nice visit with Grandma Bingham on Saturday. She loves company and I know she would love to see each of you if you are ever in the area. She is doing well and is enjoying still being able to live in her home and take care of it.

Since she knew I was coming (and thought Breana was coming with me, but ended up not going), she knew she had to have some cookies in the cookie jar. Of course I didn't complain--they were delicious. She had made chocolate chip cookies with double the chocolate chips. Usually she doubles the recipe and uses one bag of chips. This time she didn't double the recipe and used a WHOLE bag of chips--yummy!! I am sure you all remember Grandma's cookie jar never being empty. This is a tradition she still keeps going!















We spent a lot of time with the computer. Aunt Janice had set up a bunch of blogs on Grandma's favorites, but there have been new ones added since then. I got those added so she would have a current favorite list. We practiced accessing blogs, making comments, and reading older posts so hopefully she can read all about each of you and enjoy knowing what is going on in your lives.















She helped me with a music piece on the piano that I was having a bit of trouble with the timing for our Primary program. I remember many Sunday afternoons growing up when she would play for hours. Sometimes Grandpa would play his saxophone and Uncle Paul his cornet. Aunt Janice: did you also play the clarinet, I can't remember.















It was a beautiful day in Cache Valley and we spent some of it outside on the swingset just talking. Grandma shared some of her delicious Golden Delicious apples with me, Aunt Janice dumped half a bag of snack-size Snickers in my purse (I didn't object too loudly). It was a very good visit with my mom and my sister.

9 comments:

Darcee said...

I miss Grandma! I haven't seen her for a few months. Tom even has been saying that we need to go see her soon. Thanks for posting pictures of some of my favorite people!

Unknown said...

My mom just told me about this fun visit the two of you had. It makes me miss home.

I didn't know Grandpa played the saxophone!

I wish we could all get together more often like we used to. I sure miss you and Connie!

Kendi said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of my hero! Oh how I wish we lived closer!!! I am glad you had such a good visit. Please give Grandma a great big hug from me the next time you see her.

I love you.

Kaye said...

okay, I'm jealous that ya'll had a get together without me. boo hoo. thanks for the post, it is hard not being able to visit mom, and I felt I was able to share a visit through your blog.

I think I have the best sisters in the world.

Love ya

Janice said...

I took clarinet lessons for one year in grade school and tried to play some of the songs (I really wanted to in the worst way.) I wasn't good enough to participate with the group. Clarinet didn't last so I don't consider myself a clarinet player. It was a good day. Thanks for coming up and inviting me to come visit.

Danielle said...

Hello there! I saw your blog on Alison's and thought I would say hi. Is that weird? Maybe. Anyway, I used to be friends with Ron (well, I guess I still am, I just don't talk to him) and we used to come over to your house quite a bit in high school. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I love this post about your mom. What a sweetheart! Take care!

Danielle (Stroh) Sturgill

Katie and Dennis said...

Thanks for the pictures of Grandma and my mom. I'm so glad you have a blog so you can share all this! I wish I could have come for the day as well. We should have a get-together at Grandma's for whoever can come. And you are right, the cookie jar was never empty!

Katie and Dennis said...

p.s. WHERE IS THE FERN?

Nancy said...

Wow, it does look bare in that corner. Observant me, I didn't even notice!